AEC is an international association dedicated to helping manufacturers, engineers, architects and others to discover why aluminum extrusion is the preferred material process for better products.
Since 1950, AEC has served its industry well by implementing its mission:
- Provide opportunities to network with peers and suppliers, address common internal and external issues, share data, train, and sponsor research.
- Work together to enable members to function more efficiently, cost-effectively, and knowledgeably.
- Enhance the growth of the aluminum extrusion industry by promoting the advantages of the processes and product applications.
AEC is committed to helping its members overcome the challenges that arise in a competitive manufacturing environment by offering products programs, and support services as follows:
- Educates designers and manufacturers on the advantages and applications of aluminum extrusions.
- Publishes a directory of member companies that is used as a buyer's resource.
- Informs members about emerging technologies and industry trends via its numerous publications and training seminars and conferences.
- Collects, analyzes, and disseminates production and management statistical information to help benchmark operations.
- Works with government and regulatory bodies on matters pertinent to the industry, and reports back to its members on a regular basis.
- Offers technical and managerial publications to keep the aluminum extruder knowledgeable of the latest issues of importance.
- Provides numerous networking opportunities for members to exchange, discuss, and problem-solve their common challenges.
- Advocates North American aluminum extrusion industry interests.
- Listens to members’ concerns and allows for member input through various committees.